I hope you’re having a fabulous week!
The past 2 weeks for me have been busier than most so this recipe was perfect.
It’s very easy, and quick to make.
I have been craving a nice juicy burger for the longest time, yet when we go out to eat … I never order one.
So I figured let me just make it at home.
I cooked these burgers in a skillet, but grilling the burgers would be just as great!
You could easily make this dish on the grill and it would come out beautifully. But it’s been chilly here in Pennsylvania so we kept this dish indoors. I used my George Forman to grill the pineapples.
Pepperidge Farm has these delicious, bigger buns perfect for the size of these pre-prepped burgers. I also love Sweet Hawaiian bread rolls for this burger dish. I opted out because of the bun to burger size ratio.
And that is pretty much all there is to it! Very simple ingredients, no fuss cooking, yet such a delicious burger!
- 10-15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 Burgers
- 1 Pack Pre-Prepped Turkey Burgers (or you may substitute with veggie or beef)
- 4 Whole Pineapples Circles
- 3/4 Cup Teriyaki
- 1/2 Tbs Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbs Garlic Powder
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 4 Slices Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup BBQ
- 1 Tbs Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbs Honey
- Clean and rinse turkey burgers in cold water
- Take dry and wet seasonings and gently rub burgers on both sides to get them nice and coated
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil in medium-high heat
- Cook burgers on each side for about 10 minutes each or until brown
- In a small, table top grill- grill pineapples for about 3-5 minutes or until caramalized
- Once burgers are done (or almost done), top with cheese right away to allow cheese to melt
- Assemble burger buns on plate and place burger with cheese then pineapples
- You may then add BBQ or other sauce of your choice or create my spicy sauce
- OPTIONAL SAUCE: in a small sauce pan — mix BBQ sauce, honey, and pepper flakes and cook for about 3 minutes stirring continuously